Sunday, April 25, 2010

M. Cafe de Chaya, Culver City

This week I hit M. Cafe de Chaya in Culver City. I'd always been a bit intimidated and sort of turned off by the all Macrobiotic menu but this place blew me away. The deli case allows you to see what is available and the employees are quick to offer samples. The salads change with the season and my friend was crushed that they didn't have the wasabi salad. This mix of wasabi and sweet potatoes will return in the fall so I'll have to check it out.

We each had salad combos and had leftovers. The dishes were great and very filling. The Kale with Spicy Peanut Dressing was my favorite, it was very flavorful and not overly spicy at all. The Dilled Organic Tofu Salad tasted like egg salad, very good. The Scarlet Quinoa salad was good, but not amazing, beets died the quinoa red but it was missing something. The Curried Tempeh Salad blew us away. I don't know how or why but it tasted like bacon, it had the perfect amount of crunch, there were raisins somewhere in there but you didn't taste individual elements that much, just the taste that these different ingredients created together. Outstanding!

M. Cafe in Culver City had great outdoor seating with heaters and a very friendly staff.

www.mcafedechaya.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...